Service to others is an integral part of parish life at St. Dunstan’s and is fundamental to our
identity. Our outreach programs provide parishioners with opportunities to learn about and serve those in need beyond our walls. By putting our Christian faith into action, we grow spiritually through our shared experiences and create a greater sense of community within our parish. And Outreach activities are always fun group events for parishioners!
A noteworthy Outreach initiative in the last several years is called Dover Unplugged. It allows us to extend our service mission and involve members of the greater Dover community. It increases the impact that we can have on the lives of many more people in need, and it gives neighbors the opportunity to learn about and participate in this mission.
Outreach is supported by countless enthusiastic volunteers and generous financial donations from parishioners.
St. Dunstan’s parishioners take care of each other through:
- Coffee Hour brings parishioners and visitors together
- Parish Events
- Annual Parish Picnic
- Progressive Supper
- Chrismon Tree craft workshop
- Meals, rides, visits, phone calls to parishioners who need temporary help
St. Dunstan’s parishioners share our time, talent and treasure with the wider community. Currently, we
- deliver donated groceries to A Place to Turn, an emergency food pantry in Natick
- prepare monthly meals at Epiphany School, a tuition-free independent middle school in Dorchester
- Mitten Tree delivers winter accessories to those in need
- financially support the Holy Innocents School in Haiti
St. Dunstan’s Parishioners share our time by caring for the church and it’s ministries.Read More »
1992 marked the launch of St. Dunstan’s commitment to the environment, including:
- reducing overall electric usage by 25%, noteably with LED lights and programmable thermostats
- a commitment to non-toxic, clean landscape management
- committed recycling
- 2023 installation of hybrid heat pump water heater
- a commitment to net zero carbon emissions by 2025